Tuesday, October 9, 2012

~ enJOYing the ride ~

I've been going crazy with the layouts lately!  All kinds of crazy.  First of all, I'm a double page, multiple photo gearle.  However, of the last nine layouts or so, seven of them have been one pagers!  What's up with that??  Next, I used to be lucky to get one or two layouts done per month (except July, when I am not working) and I've completed three in the last ten days -- the last two for the same challenge over at Club CK.  Crazy, right?  I know for some of you, that's nothing, but for me it's quite prolific!  It's like I got started and cannot stop (I have another nearly completed on my workspace)!  OK, here's my latest...and I made several mistakes that I'd love to share!
I am pleased with the final product, but it's not exactly what I had in my head (this photo makes it look a bit crooked, but it's really not).  I wanted a bit more white space, and the placement of the title was going to be a bit different.  I started with this awesome layout (by corrie over at You, Me & Crazy) that I pinned just a week ago.  As soon as I saw it, I knew I would lift it, and I knew which photo I would use!

Most of the papers came from a Scrapbook Circle Kit :: Daydreamer (tons of Amy Tangerine), and it's all linked below.

I started with the yellow paper and added my mask and ink. Then the confetti.  After the glue dried, I took the spray bottle apart and used the end of the nozzle to put some bigger dabs of ink on the paper and let it dry for a long time (I'll get back to that later).  I cut the middle out of the pink backgroud paper because I knew I wanted to us that behind my photo.  Next I went to glue the yellow and pink paper together.  When I pressed it down, I messed up the paint.  Badly.  I tried to mess it up a bit more, thinking it would make it look like I meant to do that, but that didn't work. Mostly because I had purposely painted and glued in the diagonal, and much of the paint had smeared horizontal.  I almost cried!  But then I decided to just cover it up.  I got out the little Amy Tangerine banners (misted them a bit, cut them a bit, etc.) and then hid the worst part behind them (on the left).  I had to adjust my title a bit and then put more banners up at the top to balance it all out, but it ended up working.  I added some hidden journaling, clipped it on with a fun little clip, and it was done!  The last mistake I didn't notice until all of the photos had been taken and I was putting it in the album.  I had completely forgotten that I had used part of that pink paper already -- SOOOO it's not 12x12!  Argh!  (let's just keep that our little secret) Eh.  I just went with it.  I've been doing that a lot more lately, which is likely why I have been getting more layouts done!

Here are a few close ups:
My favorite parts: the title and the holes that I punched in the photo. Thanks for reading!



4 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwww!! This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love the colors, the confetti, the masking and the photo is CUTE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cute!! Love the SketchBook and that fun mask behind your photo!! And the way you did the title is really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely delish...the colors...the masking...the inking....thanks so much for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great!!! I love the misting/masking!!! Your confetti is adorable! The colors are so sweet and that photo is PRECIOUS!!! I love it! Thanks you for the most incredible compliment. It really means so much.

    ReplyDelete