Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

:: so lucky ::

I just love getting actual quotes into my layouts. love it. I also love Paper Issues and I'm linkin' this layout up over there, check it out here.


And I'm totally digging this green paper from Elle's Studio, no? I love it!  I paired it with some Amy Tangerine Plus One paper (6x6 pad, but I cut the paper so that it looks bigger -- there's almost none of that paper behind the big photo).


The Elle's Studio paper had several typed words on that little bit of extra that you cut off a 12x12 page. I used some of it in a couple of places.  And see those enamel dots??  I made them! :-)

What worked for me:
1. preheat oven to 325
2. place PERLER beads on cookie sheet with parchment paper (holes up)
3. bake for 30 minutes

Don't use pony beads (toxic and smelly) and don't use wax paper (not meant for oven).  The different shades of color actually require different cooking times…so experiment, and check often!

Happy St. Paddy's Day!



2 comments:

  1. Um, that is such a fantastic idea with the peeler beads! Such a cute page, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet page. And yeah, I sort of regret having gone the pony bead route (the smells, gross) but haven't made it to the store for some perlers yet. Seriously want to try them, they look the like the perfect size.

    ReplyDelete