Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

..:: release ::..

Hi friends! I am up on The Cut Shoppe blog today with this layout using the Butterfly Wings cut file and papers by Paige Taylor Evans. This was a super important story for me to tell, and so I needed to add quite a bit of journaling.  I decided to build it right into the design.  Here is my layout:


Here is what the cut file looks like by itself! 


I set the file up in my Silhouette software to cut the butterfly out of white card stock.  I also used the offset feature to make an bigger outline of the file.  Then I typed in my text using a sketch font and attached it to the butterfly outline.  I set my Silhouette to sketch instead of cut and Voila! Lots of text, built into the design.  I did make a video showing how if you are interested (see below).



I backed the file with pretty papers and then used a punch to punch out some small butterflies and added those across the page. For the punched butterflies I used the same papers and a couple of 6x8 papers from the collection. The phrases came from a 12x12 paper also included in the collection.


Around and behind the photo I added some tangled thread for texture and more color! 


I made a video of my process if that's something that suits your fancy (I also tell the story more in depth and link to how to do the journaling)! 


Thanks for stopping by, see you again soon! XO o.g.


No comments:

Post a Comment