Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

~ super {hero} fun ~

I'm beginning to dread Mondays!  Even though I am not officially back to work for another few weeks we keep receiving bad news in our family!  Last Monday I received the news that my cousin and her husband lost their daughter in a four-wheeler accident.  It's actually my cousin's stepdaughter, but it doesn't matter.  Just over two years ago this same cousin lost her nineteen (almost twenty) year old daughter in a car accident (leaving a child motherless).  I don't even know Angela, I've never met her, but the news of her death, and my cousin's loss, hit me hard.

This week, I received news that a different cousin's thirty-three year old son had a heart attack and died!  He leaves a wife and four young children.  Their youngest was due only a week apart from me with the baby I miscarried, and was born the morning of Mikaela's visitation!

To all this I say, WHAT IS GOING ON???  (I'm editing my language, of course).  And it all brings back the losses that I've suffered more personally this past year, of course, not that it ever seems to go too far away.

We received the news just before supper, and there were phone calls to make and details to process.  So we just went out to eat.  When we got home, we spent some time outside, which led to impromptu sprinkler fun and a visit from super heroes.  I am so thankful for these times.  I took TONS of photos, pared it down to about 37 for Facebook.  I've done my best to pick only a few for the blog!  I know this story will be documented via scrapbook, I have no idea how I will choose photos!


They aren't sleeping, she is trying to convince him to have a picnic and sleep outside!
I leave you with a B. story:  She was playing by herself for quite a long time, and it was "that time" of day, so...
Me: B, are you pooping?
B: Don't check, OK?

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that your family has received more bad news!! But I am glad to see that you were still able to enjoy a happy time outside with your loved ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your family's loss...

    I love love love love the photos!! Such a great Daddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear that your family has been through so much lately. I hope that things get better for you soon. Your photos are really wonderful. My favorite one is the third from the bottom. It's so great! Can't wait to see how you scrap it!

    ReplyDelete