In 2011 I set out to get better at taking photographs. The biggest action step that I took toward that goal was to join a 365 group on flickr. Although I didn't complete the 365, I did take a lot of pictures and I watched my photographs get better over time. So I consider that a success, not a failure. This continued in 2012, and I added a few lenses to my arsenal along the way (thank you, honey!).
Now, I want to step outside my comfort zone once again and learn a few more things in the areas of taking and editing the photos. To accomplish this I've purchased a few books and magazines to get me started, and visited several websites. Here were the things I started working on in January:
- taught myself how to make a banner in Photoshop (FUN)
- experimented with black and white photos
- used manual mode more often (will be upping this now that I feel more comfortable with it)
- experimented with contrast -- specifically during processing, mostly black and white photos
- more selfies and "in the process of ____" photos (like while cooking, for example)
A few results:
It's difficult to believe we are already over halfway through February! Coming soon: project life share (still lovin' it) and Silhouette Cameo fun (plus a few little projects I'm working on)!