Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2017

..:: candy cane wishes ::.. Hip Kit Club 12 Days Of Giving Blog Hop

Hi friends! Have you heard? Hip Kit Club is having 12 Days of Giving -- free cut files and printables each day for the first twelve days of December! Today is my day to participate in the blog hop.

The DT is sharing projects featuring the free goodies.  I'm up for Day 10 with Michelle Whorwood, and we both have layouts showcasing today's free cut file designed by me!.  You can get it for free over at the Hip Kit website under the Cut Files Tab. Here is my layout:


And here is the cut file that I used:


I used the Citron Green Distress Oxide from the November Color Kit to"paint" my background. I also used a blending tool and the stencil included in the kit to add a few subtle snowflakes to the background. I also used the same distress ink to create an ombre effect on the word "wishes" in my title.

As for the cut file, I backed several of the small candy canes and the title with patterned paper. Then after gluing them down a bit, I stitched with gold thread to make it look as if the candy canes are handing from thread.

Here are a couple of close ups:




There are so many exclusives in the November kits -- and I used a little from from most of them for this layout! This was so fun to make. 

I also made a process video, if that suits your fancy!




Next stop Michelle Whorwood!

No comments:

Post a Comment