Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

..:: enjoy the journey embrace the detours ::..

Hi friends I am up on the {a flair for buttons} blog with this layout using flair from Just Hearts 2 FlairHello Life Flair, and Lovely Words 2.  I started with a piece of white card stock and created my background using several (new) Shimmerz Paints!  Here is my layout:


I made a background by painting stripes with four different colors of Shimmerz. And I love how it turned out. I used Shimmerz Limoncello, It's Mint to Be, Lilac Bloom, and Orange Sherbet. Here is what it looks like up close.


Next I picked out three pieces of flair from {a flair for buttons} and decided that the Pinkfresh Studio collections of Be You, Let Your Heart Decide, and Case of the Blahs went together quite nicely!  Here are the flairs up close!




My title is a quote --- something to remember for me and my daughter (and whoever else looks at this LO in years to come) -- Enjoy the Journey and Embrace the Detours. This quote fits my photos perfectly. It was before school/work and my daughter decided to take a moment to blow the dandelion seeds around. Instead of saying what I wanted to, "Come on we are going to be late," I decided to stop, enjoy the moment, and take a few pictures. It was a good decision.


I added a bunch of stitching to this layout to finish it off. I also made a video of my process if that's something that suits your fancy!


If you decide to purchase something from the Shimmerz Store....remember if you put my name in the comments you will get a little something extra with your order!



Thanks for stopping by and see you again soon! XO o.g.

No comments:

Post a Comment