Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

:: our pink princess ::

I am participating in LOAD513. What is that you ask??  LOAD = LayOut A Day, more info here.   What am I thinking??  I'm thinking that it will be fun. I'm thinking that I will probably NOT actually do a layout a day -- but I will likely get more layouts done this month than I ever would without it. Also, a friend of mine is doing it too, which makes it more awesome!

Each day in the month of May participants get a prompt to use or not use. I love that flexibility! I've made a list of stories that I would like to document -- some old, some new. Although I doubt I will post each and every layout, I will update you with progress throughout the month.

Here is my layout for day one! All of our prompts have something to do with the game of Clue, and this first one was all about Miss White. I chose a white background as my starter from the prompt, and then I decided to just add one color (pink).  FUN!  I may end up changing the title (I wasn't feeling very inspired), and I will definitely add some stitching -- the needle on my sewing machine broke mid-layout and I don't seem to have a spare!

Hidden journaling reads :: Sunday, April 28, 9:38AM. B. has to go out on the deck in her PJ's.  It's been such a cool spring, and the last few days have been warmer.  She needs to be outside. She was only out there a few minutes and then she was back inside. But only to get her tutu and crown. You see, when things are extra good and exciting -- a princess needs her tutu and tiara -- even if it's just over the top of her PJ's. 

Here are a couple of close ups:
pink + white
embossed wood veneers, tulle, and {a flair for buttons} flair

hidden journaling

And tomorrow is Friday! So here is your sneaky sneak sneak for the new challenge at Scrap Your Story!

I'm looking forward to Friday and Saturday. I will be celebrating National (International) Scrapbooking Day with a friend tomorrow (I took a personal day off from work) and with my daughter on Saturday! Fun times!

6 comments:

  1. Love this layout! Love your hidden journaling! How true that a princess needs her tutu and tiara - they are an absolute must!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! I loveeeeeeeeee those cute photos, the colors and all the paper strips!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely ADORABLE! I just love the tape background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is awesome! I love doing monochromatic layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiul!! You have inspired me to do a single colored layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable!! Love all the Pink strips against the White background and those photos are too cute!

    ReplyDelete