Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

:: my mother's hands ::

So, yesterday morning I ran across this photo, and that prompted me to write this blog post. Then I spent the day with my mother, older daughter, then my MIL, and then back home for a movie and popcorn with my family. After everyone went to bed, I grabbed the goodies that I just got in the mail on Friday from Paper Issues, (all from Crate Paper's :: The Pier collection) and I made this:
I used yesterday's blog post for my journaling (which is hidden in the vellum envelope behind the photo)
This was my favorite part! I used my exacto knife to cut one of the chevrons out and replaced it with a little homemade confetti! The stitching serves two purposes -- that finishing touch, and it holds all the confetti in the pocket!
 Amy Tangerine alphas that I inked with a bit of yellow ink.
Several layers and scraps, enamel dots, washi tape, and Mister Huey's spray to finish it off!  This was a fun one to make, and I love how it turned out!

8 comments:

  1. I love this page! it is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and what a wonderful photo to scrap!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fabulous!!!! I love the photo and the confetti and the colors and EVERYTHING!!!!!! you are so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally completely gorgeous and that photo is just so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing page!! Love the photo and the confetti placed inside the Chevron pattern is really fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful is this layout?! I love the story...and I am in awe of the confetti/chevron - so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweat and beauiful layout. I love the look of the layout. The part of the chevron that you cut out and put confetti in is super cool! I'm now following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the photo is so striking and I love your page!

    ReplyDelete