I was just minding my own business, reading the blogs in my daily feed and found this post by Monica Bradford, which lead me to this post. And now I'm hooked!
I'm going to make a mini album "Thirty Things My Kids Should Know About Me" At least that's my hope! To start it off, like Monica and Jennifer, I will share twenty random facts about me (not sure how I'm going to put these in a book yet, but at least I'm getting them written down)!
1. When I am anxious (or sometimes angry), I do the dishes (or just clean something).
2. I have a super flexible body, no matter what my weight is.
3. I like light -- soft light, but lots of it!
4. Listening to music can almost always get me out of a cranky mood (if it's LIVE music, it happens even faster)!
5. I have always wanted long fingernails.
6. I have a calendar in my head that helps me know what day of the week a date falls on several months ahead (no calendar needed).
7. Even though I have a calendar in my head, I am absolutely horrible at remembering dates of important events in history (like, REALLY bad).
8. I find politics fascinating and frustrating.
9. I love orange (duh). But mostly, I just like LOTS of color. But I also like neutrals.
10. I am decision-making challenged -- especially when it comes to the small stuff.
11. My family is more important to me than anything else.
12. I can almost always tell which way is North, even if I am in an unfamiliar place.
13. I have always loved the smell of coffee, but I wasn't a coffee drinker until I was in my late 30s.
14. My feet prefer to be bare.
15. When I take a shower or bath I have to brush my teeth right afterwards, even if I haven't had breakfast yet. Have to.
16. I love babies. Love them.
17. I'm addicted to paper.
18. I love stories. Reading stories, short or long, real or fiction -- and watching movies.
19. I would love to grow all our own food and eat completely home-grown products. A happy second would be some home-grown and the rest from a farmer's market.
20. I want chickens.
Don't forget, I have a giveaway going on! Details here.