Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

:: just spokin' ::

I'm up on the Paper Issues Blog with a product spotlight!

When I took this photo of my daughter, I knew the After Dark collection from Crate Paper would be the perfect papers to help tell this story.


I started by adding some watered down, orange, gelatos to add a splash of color to the background paper.  Just for fun I added some peach Heidi Swapp Color Shine.

I loved the bats from the ephemera pack, so I designed a cut file of bats to add as my next layer.


I backed some of the bats with patterned paper from the 6x6 paper pad, and others I left open to let the orange shine through.  I also used the 6x6 paper pad and a few pieces from the ephemera pack to create layers behind my photo.



I stitched everything down with black thread, including the little strips of paper at the top and bottom of the layout.

I wanted to tell the story and I needed a place to put it that wouldn’t take away from the design of the layout, so I hid it behind the photo in a vellum envelope that I cut with my Silhouette Cameo. I added a couple of other tags to the envelope, just because! Pop dots pop that photo right off the page to help keep the focus on the photo, even with all the other stuff going on around it. I also think it adds a bit more texture.



To finish this one off, I grabbed some cards, tags, and vellum shapes, also from the After Dark collection.  I added a couple of flair pieces from {a flair for buttons} and placed the title (and subtitle).



Don't forget to stop by the Paper Issues Store and grab some awesome from the store!  While you're at it, use the code 'orangegearle' and get 20% off your order!

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you have a fun, safe, and spooky Halloween!    

No comments:

Post a Comment