Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

:: daddy & me ::

Hi!  Today at Paper Issues we are spotlighting the Bella Rouge collection from Pink Paislee!  I am loving this collection so much that I've made quite a few layouts with it already (Those alphas especially are to die for)! 


For the journaling on this layout I used a direct quote from my daughter.  She said this when she was looking at the photo which was taken a few days before. I love the idea of using direct quotes on my pages -- I do it a lot in Project Life, but I loved using it here as well.  And did you notice the type??  I used my new-to-me typewriter!  So. FUN.


Aren't these papers fab??? In addition to the collection, I also purchased It Adds Up from The Cut Shoppe.  I thought that this lovely cut file by Ashley Horton went with the background paper perfectly!


I backed a few of the + with yellow patterned paper (from the collection) and I stitched all over the thing. Gah! I  love stitching -- especially messy stitching!



I absolutely love the ephemera pack that goes with this collection! It comes with paper die cuts and acetate -- I used both -- because fun!

Try this | Try using a quote from someone else in your layout.  So often we journal a story from our point of view, which is wonderful, and it's also nice to hear from someone else in the family! An easy way to make this happen is simply to show your child, significant other, friend, parent, etc. a photo that they are in and ask them to tell you about how they were feeling, or what they were doing when that story was happening; that photo was taken.  I will surely do this again!

Check out what some other members of the Design Team at Paper Issues did with the lovely Bella Rouge collection from Pink Paislee by hopping over to the Paper Issues blog here. 

Want to grab some Bella Rouge??  Click on over to the store and snatch some yumminess!  Remember to use the code orangegearle at check out and you will save 20% of your order! 




See you soon!



3 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful! I just love the color scheme, all the plus signs, the photo - all of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic page!!! Can't wait to play with this collection. Pretty sure I purchased it from Paper Issues and used your code!! ;)

    ReplyDelete