Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

:: remember today ::

Last week we had a snow day.  I took a zillion pics.  I grabbed my favorite one and scrapped it -- it's the first photo that I took 2013 that I used for a layout (not counting Project Life).

Journaling reads : "After Snowball fights and sledding in FRESH SNOW, you must have HOT CHOCOLATE!"  I took this journaling straight from a post that I posted to Flickr.  I'm not sure if you can tell or not from the pic, but my favorite part is how I cut a journaling card in half and put one part on top of the photo and the other part at the bottom for the date stamp. Then used an exacto-knife to cut the banner out (it's actually part of the journaling card) and stamped "sweet love" across the top of the card.

For this layout I used my January Scrapbook Circle kit (and a few items from a past kit or two), some flair from A Flair for Buttons, Studio AE January Stamp, and a few little tidbits from my stash. This is the first time that I have participated and submitted something to CSI (Color Stories Inspiration). This is the case file:

I used the colors, of course.  My pieces of evidence are hearts, diecuts and punches.  For the testimony I added a heart to my journaling spot.

Another first for me, I did a little distressing (I used the edge of my scissors) around the edges of my photo mat.


 For a little dimension, I added pop dots to one side of my journaling strips.

I'm pretty happy with the final product.  Pretty simple, but I like it!

Coming soon :  Project life share, and an update on goals (new and ongoing).

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeeee that photo and the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much awesome-ness on this one!! Love the cute photo and the visual triangle you created with the 3 different clusters! And you used my FAVE washi tape on this one! :) That was a great idea cutting your journaling tag and adding it above and below the photo and stamping on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture is just too cute and this page is amazing! Great work with that journaling card!!

    ReplyDelete