Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

:: a layout about me ::


I am loving playing along at CSI : Color, Stories, Inspiration! One of the things I love about the place is that a new case is introduced on Friday, and then you have over a week to complete it -- which means, two weekends, which I often need! This week was no exception. As soon as I saw this case last Friday (March 22), I knew I wanted to participate. The colors are fantastic! I even knew which photo I was going to use. If you are interested in playing along with this case, you have until midnight, and the new case (no due until next Sunday) has already been introduced, here. I think you will find the colors and inspiration equally yummy. Check it out! 




I also used the March sketch it out challenge (club CK) sketch from the great Ashley Horton!  So, here's my layout, and boy did I have fun!


After printing my photo, I realized it was too...ummm...white, had too much contrast, something, it just didn't look right! So, I reprinted, this time on vellum -- umm, yeah, way better and a fun change. I had gathered a bunch of papers together before beginning, and I did start with them, but I quickly decided I wanted to get my hands dirty. So, I grabbed a few 4x6 photo papers, and another neutral patterned paper with some words on it, then I grabbed some spray inks and made my own paper. Also VERY fun (they are the ones peeking out from behind the photo)! 
I used some more vellum and stamped a bunch of words on it...also used a wood veneer camera as a stamp, and stamped on the vellum! (see why I had so much fun with this one?) I used a stencil to cut out the word, "ME" and then put the vellum behind it. This was after trying several other things first, but I'm glad it lead me to this final product.

You'll notice that I used some orange, which isn't included in the lovely color scheme provided by CSI. But, how could I do a layout about ORANGE GEARLE, without using orange?!?!

Hope you had a great {holiday, if you celebrate it} weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Totally fabulous!! What an awesome idea to print your photo on the vellum and I love the stamped words on the vellum! Definitely rocked the Sketch and the Case File! And I think the little touch of Orange is perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! This is amazing!! I love love love the colors, the layers, the stitching and loving the way you added the journal strips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such awesome texture and I LOOOOOVE the title work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome page!!! The stamping looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page! Love the idea of printing on vellum. May have to give that a try! Thanks for following me. I am also a follower now too!

    ReplyDelete