Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Scrap Your Story Challenge :: pad-a-killars and butterflies

Welcome to my orange space! I have a new layout up at Scrap Your Story.  This week's challenge is to incorporate the theme of "animals" in some way.  I knew right away I wanted to scrap these photos from almost a year ago.
Fun with paint, papers and photographs!  Most of my papers are from the February Scrapbook Circle kit -- a complete list of supplies linked below.

These photos were taken last April.  B. had gotten a bug kit (net, magnifying glass and cage) for Easter and we took this lovely day to go outside and explore. The journaling (that is written in the circle of paint) reads, "You are so curious!  I love watching you learn about the world. We got lucky today and found a bunch of different kinds of critters.  You are quite the scientist.  The Easter Bunny brought you the perfect toys!" 

Here are a few closeups:
 I "popped" the title with pop dots.
 My journaling goes along the painted circle.
I also stamped a few items around the circle. Can you believe that I was an enamel dot virgin until this layout!?

I made a *real* sketch before making this layout. I've decided that when I like a basic design of a layout, I will share a sketch of it on my blog as well. I often, more literally, "sketch" out a LO before actually sitting down and putting it together. I have a notebook that I keep pretty close by most of the time and I use it for various things, including a quick sketch. This time, however, I sat down with Photoshop and made a *real* one to share with you!  Enjoy, pin, and use!  ;-)


Supplies Used :: 
October Afternoon :: Midway :: Ringtoss
Bazzill Basics :: African Daisy
Lily Bee Design :: Happily Lost :: Stroll
Pink Paislee :: Hometown Summer :: Summer Fun
American Crafts :: Everyday :: Rose Brad
My Mind's Eye :: The Sweetest Thing :: Enamel Dots
Crate paper :: Phrase Stickers
October Afternoon :: Sidewalks :: Word Stickers
Silhouette Cameo

10 comments:

  1. first, what great pics!! Second, love the circle lo and the embellies. Thanks for the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...I seriously am in love with the idea of journaling in that circle of paint. AMAZING :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous. I love the paint and the photos are just so sweet. Love the journalling. Love the layout :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!! I love love love love the colors, the paint and loving the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paint, journaling, enamel dots -- all things to be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The layout on this one is fabulous! I love the journaling around the circle and that you used paint to make the circle. The colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it!!! Awesome embellies and great take on the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I just reread the part that you made the sketch yourself! It's so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally love the design of this layout. The circle just ties everything together. The title is priceless...LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Great motion and perfect for the subject!

    ReplyDelete