Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

:: OLW March Blog Hop ::

Hello! Welcome to the March 1st One Little Word Blog Hop! 

Did you come from Jackie's place?  You are in the right place! Thank you for viewing my part of the world for a bit! 
Feel free to look around -- but orange colored glasses are required! If you enjoy your stay, feel free to click the "follow button on the sidebar to the right!  I would love to have you visit my part of the blogosphere again!
A complete list of participating blogs are listed at the bottom of this post. 

Let's get to the photo:
Favorite Part ::  the process and the tree.
confession #1 :: I wouldn't have finished this project (by March) if it weren't for the blog hop!
confession #2 :: I didn't really finish it in February (as I type this it is nearly 1:00 AM on March 1.
confession #3 :: It's still wet!!

I used an 8.5x11 piece of chipboard (I think??) that came as packaging or something!  I keep things, I find things, I use things, I don't always know what they are.  :-)  I black gesso-ed (that's a word, right?) over the whole thing as my base, then while it was still wet I painted over it with teal -- this way some of the black is still visible. That was my base, then I just started adding stuff!

Over the last month I have been on the look out for items in magazines to use for this project. Then over the last week or so, I've been ripping them out. Although I would say I am a visual person, everything that spoke to me, that seemed to want to be used, happened to be words! Well, almost everything. I think that's part of why I put off this project a bit. I was certain it wasn't going to be all that interesting. Although, I'm still not sure it's interesting, the process was fun. My hands (and craft mat) got dirty and it was just overall enjoyable.

confession #4 ::  I love my craft mat

Since it was words and phrases that stood out to me, I decided to just go with it. I ended up ripping out a bunch of paragraphs (more words) that have no particular meaning, just to use as background.  Then I put all the meaningful stuff over it.  :-)

confession #5 :: The tree came in the mail today. (Well, technically yesterday, either way just hours ago)!

After I was finished gluing everything down with matte medium, I put a layer over the top to seal it all together.  Then, I added a little orange (everything is better with a little orange, no?). I used this cool roller that I got in my February Scrapbook Circle kit, painted it with orange, and applied!  Fun!

Still to come:: I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the other side of the page.  If you remember from my first post I decided I needed a title page, so I'm not exactly following what Ali is doing, so I need to fill the pockets on the left side of the page (not shown).  I think I will put some fun paper there, and maybe some quotes that I've collected that fit my word (present). Or, who knows, I might even just go for one big photo like I did for my title page!  Nothing is speaking to me at this time, so I'll just have to wait until I know!

Next stop, Paige's place!  Thanks for stopping by!

P.S. Today is also the first reveal over at Scrap Your Story Challenges (of which I just happen to be a member of the Design Team).  My post for that will go live at around 8 a.m. (CST).  Please come back and check it out!



10 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!! LOVING all the journaling and loving that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vision board is so deliciously artsy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, super vibrant! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of it - and your post is a hoot! Maybe I should take your lead and start being creative in the middle of the night :D Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tree - obviously you were meant to be doing this project last minute so that it could be included!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tree is gorgeous. Love the artful quality of your board - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tree is gorgeous, I don't follow Ali's prompts either - so yep have to find other ways to fill spaces in my album but it is all good. Taking photos of projects whilst they're still wet is something I try to avoid (nourishing myself and avoiding stress) but sometimes that is just what you have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have such trouble too... I work to deadlines I guess. Thank goodness for this hop. I love the tree too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blows me away!! Love, love, love the tree and the gesso-ed black and the teal. Just love.

    ReplyDelete