Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Scrap Your Story Challenge #1

Welcome to my little orange space! If you are here for the One Little Word blog hop -- it can be found here!  But I would love it if you would check this challenge out too!  ;-)

On Monday I announced that I was selected to be part of the Design Team for the Scrap Your Story Challenge blog, and today is the first reveal!  Here is my layout for this challenge :
The challenge this week is to "use" just one photo.  Easy peasy!  I have done several "one photo" layouts recently (which is actually kind of unusual for me), but I wanted to add my own little challenge for myself into the mix. So, I decided to use one big photo.  I don't have a 12x12 printer, or easy access to that, so I just made it as big as I could (printed at home)!
Since B. is in the bathtub, I wanted to make something look "water-ish" (that's a word, right?)!  I took a strip of paper and some strips of vellum and cut them all wavy-like, then I stitched over them in waves as well.  FUN!  Another fun element is the "peek a boo"cutout.  I did this with my new Silhouette Cameo (and a little help from my iPad).  It's my own handwriting that I converted into a cut file.  If there is an interest, I could easily do a tutorial on how I made that happen.  Leave me a comment saying you'd like it, and I will!

Here are a few more close up shots:
I hope you all join in the challenge.  Look for all the details and how to link up, here.  Each week a "top three" will be chosen from the entries, and at the end of the month one lucky participant (chosen from all participants for the whole month - which means if you do all four challenges, your name will go in four times!) will will the following prize:

Whether this is your first visit to my blog or you've visited before, I would love to have you back! You can follow me by clicking "join this site" in the sidebar.  Comments always welcome!

Supplies Used :: 

9 comments:

  1. You made that with your own handwriting?!?!?!?! That is the most awesome thing I've ever heard!!! I'm totally jealous that I am stuck with a Cricut now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome page and now I'm totally interested in converting my handwriting! So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome page for your first reveal!! Love how you used that cute photo and made it large! And the pops of Orange look really fab with the dark chevron background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! i love love love love that photo, the colors and loving the title work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just a lovely layout. That photo is just gorgeous and I love the layers and of course the touch of orange :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cool page and a sweet photo! Love all your details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be interested in the tutorial - being able to convert your handwriting to a cutting file sounds like such a cool thing - looks great too.

    I like the layering you've used here and the zig zag water :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those gorgeous eyes peeking over the tub. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful pic and wonderful layout!

    ReplyDelete