Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Scrap Your Story :: let's go fly a kite


It's Friday, which means another reveal day at Scrap Your Story Challenge Blog!  It has been so exciting to see what everyone has be linking up!  Hope you link up this week!

This week the challenge is to use some cork on your layout!  I used cork letters for "fly a KITE", and I also punch a circle out of cork (it's behind the "B" ormolu flair).

I stepped out of my comfort zone a bit this week and did some hand stitching on my layout. I've done (and am addicted to) machine sewing -- but I've never used a pattern, poked holes, used a needle, the whole shebang! In a Scrapbook Circle Add on kit I got this awesome stitching kit from Amy Tangerine's Yes, Please line.  So, I used 'em! Then I dry brush painted a little bit of spray ink to add a little more color and show off that stitching a bit (it was a little lost with all that lovely chevron).
Lovin' me some flair from A Flair for Buttons!  I also added a spot for hidden journaling.  I used some washi tape to add some color -- the actual journaling spot is kraft. Then I used an Ali Edwards stamp "Tell the Story", which comes from the March Studio AE stamp set "This Story" available at Technique Tuesday.
Some layers, more AE stamping, and Amy Tangerine stitching.  :-) 

Did you know that Scrap Your Story has a facebook page??  Check it out here.

I'm also linking this layout up at Paper Issues :: Up In The Clouds

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love this one!! way to go! I love that you made the words look like the kit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME! LOVING that chevron background and the stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Im loving the stitching and that you used dry brush paint to pop it, great idea. The hidden journalling card in the kraft bag is another great idea that I will be adding to my scrappin... TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love the ticking background pp and the fun photos. Great stitching and misting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely OG... love the stitching and the background work on the chevrons. Too cool ... Gorgeous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE the handstitching! You did an awesome job. I love that you filled in the inside of the clouds and sun. Very, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so totally adorable! Love that chevron background, the way you used the stitching templates, and the way you cut the words from the Lucky Charm papers! And the corkboard letters are so perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up to Paper Issues! Your fab layout is being featured this morning!

    http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2013/04/fly-kite.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun layout. Love the stitching details you added.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Your layout is fantastic! Love the colors. Hand-stitching is my preferred method and I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOOOVE all the stitching and the cork letters are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome page! So trendy, totally love this!

    ReplyDelete